COVID-19: What aboutFACE Orthodontics Is Doing To Keep Our Patients
and Our Orthodontic Team Safe
As we all slowly return to our normal routines we want to share changes we are implementing due to the pandemic. Being sure that our office is a safe environment for your orthodontic treatment has always been our priority. Universal Precautions have always been employed to include our use of gloves, masks, and eye protection. In addition, all instruments and equipment are sterilized after every use and our sterilization system is monitored for effectiveness regularly. Every surface in direct contact with a patient or instruments is disinfected after every patient.
Until now these Universal Precautions are part of all healthcare delivery as you are aware. In light of the current Coronavirus pandemic we will be instituting additional precautions to further protect everyone and prevent any transmission of the virus. The CDC, VOSHA and VT. Dept. of Health have provided updated guidance due to Covid-19. Listed here are some changes you can expect when you visit our office.
- First-time adult visitors who are coming for an orthodontic consultation should come alone unless personal assistance is needed in which case one caregiver is welcome
- First-time visitors who are minors should be accompanied by one parent or caregiver to limit the number of people in our office at any one time
- Whenever possible only the patient should enter for their appointment. Others are asked to remain in the car. Some young children may need a parent to enter with them.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your appointment rather than wait in our reception area as we try to minimize the number of people in the office
- If you arrive late, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment
- Masks must be worn by patients, parents and visitors.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available as soon as you step in the front door and should be used by everyone entering the office
- Be prepared that we will take the patient’s temperature as well as anyone accompanying them
- We will ask you questions regarding your current health
- Practice social distancing while in office
You have our pledge to ensure a safe environment for everyone who enters our office. We also want your new or continued experience to be caring, considerate and friendly as we have always done. We value your trust and want to thank you for being a part of the aboutFACE family